Saturday, 7 August 2010

Eggs in a French Toast Basket!

Mmm, fancied something special for breakfast today, so I nicked this gorgeous recipe from Christine Beauchamp at fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com. To make the french toast, first scoop a hole out of the middle of each of two slices of bread. Mix an egg white with a tsp of vanilla and cinnamon plus a little milk in a bowl. Soak the bread in the mixture and cook in a pan or skillet on both sides. When it's almost cooked, crack an egg into the hole in each toast. I like to use a little salt in the eggs. Then continue cooking until done to your liking! I prefer the yolks a bit runny. Serve with some sugar free maple syrup or honey. Amazing!







I cooked the yolks a bit more than I meant to really! I thought they weren't qite done so I put them under the grill for a minute, but even so I like the unusual texture they turned out to be! Oh, and as you can see I used a whole egg for the toast on the left, but just the yolk for the one on the right. Just an experiment to see which I preferred.. The whole egg one was far better! And of course, eggs on toast must always be served with coffee. Decaf for me, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment