Saturday, 17 July 2010

Uh oh...

Right, so a very close friend of mine who is trying to lose a little weight asked me if I would help out by writing a diet plan. I'm very much into health and nutrition which is why they asked me and I was really excited to get started on it. I wrote out height, weight, current daily calories, resting metabolic rate, goal weight loss etc etc and started working out macros to a new calorie total. I wrote out a few daily calorie totals for them to choose from, each with various macronutrient percentages to try out and see which they felt healthiest on and lost weight on. BUT...thinking so deeply into nutrition calculations got me a little neurotic about my own consumption again..I very quickly went a bit haywire again and started tracking my own diet down to every tiny morsel consumed, obsessing about my own macros and when I could eat. I thought I was over any dodgy relationships with food! Obviously not. Luckily I realised this very soon and have decided I need to take a break from writing their diet out until my head is sorted out again. I just need to focus on how much happier I felt when I was eating without counting and worrying. And how much better I was actually eating by not stressing about it! Being worried about it only makes you obsessed with food anyway, and then you struggle to maintain any balance.
So apologies to my friend, I will get right back on it asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment